Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Modcloth Octopus Necklace & A StudioHalo 'Heart' Necklace

I wanted to share two of my favorite necklaces (at the moment) with you:

This first one, my octopus necklace, which you can get on Modcloth. I just really love the look of this one. I opted to get the bronze/gold one instead of the silver because I wanted to make sure you could see the contrast of the detail on the tentacles, eyes, etc. and looking at the pictures on the site, it just didn't seem like you really could on the silver one. This necklace has a good weight to it and feels like it will last for awhile. I have gotten a ton of compliments on it and I think it really spices up a look. I highly suggest it!

My second necklace I received as a Christmas present this last year. It's an heart cut out of acrylic and is lasered engraved to show the veins and arteries. I think this is a stunning necklace. It's a fairly large size (approximately 2-1/2" x 3-1/2") so it can really be worn as a 'show piece' that speaks for itself. The color ranges while worn from being a vibrant red to a more dark, subdued red. It's hard to capture on film.

Since this rests against the skin and is large, it can feel kind of warm so I like to wear it in the Winter more than Summer or when it's warm out. Otherwise, it can feel a little uncomfortable rubbing against my skin. Other than that, I think it's a beautiful piece of jewelry!

I haven't been able to find this necklace anywhere online but I think I might have found the Etsy seller that this necklace was bought from. The seller is StudioHalo. It looks like this seller has taken a break but I am sure with enough encouragement from perspective buyers, they would get back into business soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment