Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Eyeko Concealer, Highlighting Pen and Tinted Creme

I figured I would give you my opinion on all three of these products at once, since you can get them in a special value set right now (which means less money!) - it is available here!

Larissa at Eyeko was nice enough to send these products for me to review - thank you very much, Larissa! (I was SO excited to get them, especially the Highlighting pen).



Touch and Glow Highlighter - This is my favorite item out of the three. This easy to use pen can be used with just a few twists and you have all the product that you need and it is ready to go. Just apply it to your brow bone, the inner corners of your eyes, the tops of your cheeks, wherever you want their to be a glint of shimmer. I think that this would work on almost all skin tones and would provide the shimmer (or glow) you are looking for without being too glittery. I cannot think of any cons with this product, I think it is well worth the money and "cute" to boot! I already find myself reaching for it every morning!

Touch and Go Concealer - I'm really disappointed that Eyeko doesn't offer this concealer in a variety of shades. Having a generic skin tone color does not work for a majority of people. For me, this concealer is too dark/too yellow and doesn't do anything to offset the bluish undereye circles that I try to cover. On top of being too dark, I don't think it offers enough coverage as a concealer. I think it's more like a tinting that occurs rather than giving coverage.

I would not buy this, it's not worth the money, and I don't think the majority of people would find it useful to conceal undereye circles or anything needing 'heavy' coverage. The pros of this product would be that it is cute, portable and isn't at all messy when you are using it. Overall, If you're lucky enough to have a medium skin tone, with yellow undertones, then give this a try, it might work for you.



Eyeko Tinted Cream - Bronzing or tinting cream is not something I would normally buy. I don't tan (I wear sunscreen all the time) and personally, it's not the aesthetic that I am normally wanting for myself. Nonetheless, I do admire a sun kissed glow on other people and for that I think this cream is great. As you can see in the picture below, it's a dark, golden, copper color. I feel that when used sparingly (very sparingly), it does give off an excellent, youthful "glow" that so many people are after.

I also love that this cream is infused with jojoba oil and infused with vitamins. I feel that if you want a sun kissed look, it is much better to go after it through creams and tints like this rather than going to the tanning booth or sitting outside. It's so important to protect yourself from the sun!

Overall, this cream is an excellent value, the container is fairly large, with a screw-on lid, which allows you to bring it with you without worrying about it spilling or exploding all over your bag. Definitely order it if you like a tanned/bronzed look and want to nourish your skin at the same time!


Remember, Eyeko offers FREE shipping on all orders. If you order, use the Code: E4321 - you'll get a free gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment