Sunday, September 20, 2009

Benefit 'Eyecon' Eye Cream

I started using this eye cream about a month ago. I have been trying to be good about moisturizing my skin regularly and I have started to get an interest in using something other than just a regular moisturizer with SPF (I use Oil of Olay every morning). When I saw that this cream was supposed to help with under eye circles, I was intrigued. I perceive my under eye circles to be worse than they probably are but nonetheless, I still think that under eye circles are something that both men and women deal with. 'If I can use a cream to fade them or at least help them, why not?' I thought.

Well, this cream doesn't do anything it claims, it doesn't fade or make under eye circles appear any different than they normally do. I didn't notice any change other than a nice, moist eye area from putting this cream on every morning and night for the past month.

Pros - moisturizes eye area, absorbs into skin quickly, light feeling, hardly any scent.

Cons - expensive for the amount you get, even if it does last for a long time. Does not fade dark circles, reduce puffiness, etc. I don't think it doesn't anything it claims except moisturize.

Here's a picture from when I first started using the cream a month ago:
Here is a picture from this morning.

See? Hardly any difference. Don't waste your money on this one. It's moisturizing and that's nice but it doesn't do anything to fade dark circles or aid the eye area is any other way. I think if you are looking for a moisturizing eye cream, there are a lot of different and probably better choices. As of right now, I think Benefit should stick with the cosmetics and not go into lotions, creams or other regimens.

Do you have any suggestions for an eye cream? I'd love to hear what you use and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment