Monday, August 31, 2009

2009 Fall Beauty Trends [according to Sephora]

According to the latest catalogue from Sephora, the fall beauty trends are:

The Cat Eye - I love this, classic and looks fantastic on everyone!
Candy Colors - LOVE this trend that is happening right now! Check out Limecrime Makeup, for some seriously intense colors that I am sure you will fall in love with! (Review to be up in the near future). Also, check out Shrinkle (see picture above - that's her!) and you will be sure to be impressed with some hardcore inspirational looks!
Extreme Smoky Eye - I've always loved this! And I don't think people should only wear it at night, I think that wearing a smoky eye during the day is like your own little, secret confidence booster!
Gray Eyes - As in gray eyeshadow all around the eye - romantic and sweet, I love this as well.
Bold Brows - I've yet to pull this one off that well, I have light/thin brows and it's hard to get out of my comfort zone with that. I enjoy darkening them but making them appear larger or bushier brings me to a level of nervousness and insecurity. I DO love them on other people though (i.e., Kat Von D).
Big Hair - Maybe because I was born in the 80's, I have an innate sense that this is such a great look for women or men (with the right haircut of course). The higher the hair, the closer to God? Nonetheless, I love it, give me teased, back-combed hair (done with a a touch of classiness and intent to make it look good). It is wonderful that we are going to get to see it all around us!
Dark Lips - Love, love, love them! Bold, vampy, and altogether sultry. I think a dark lip can ooze confidence and sex appeal. I think it shows the rest of the world you are comfortable in who you are. And I definitely don't think it needs to be reserved just for that Friday-night-out.

What are some of your favorite brands to achieve some of these trends? Any recommendations for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment