Saturday, June 5, 2010

'essence XXXL shine lip gloss' swatch and review


essence is a cosmetics line that I recently saw at Ulta. The products are inexpensive so I thought I would give one of their lipglosses a shot. My first impression is that this company is kind of the like the European Wet N' Wild. Inxpensive cosmetics that a lot of people can try out and see if they like what they have to offer.

essence describes this gloss:
the XXXL shine lipgloss ensures outrageously shiny and pampered lips. shimmering color pigments conjure-up an amazing volume effect while a rich complex containing vitamin e and panthenol ingredients prevents your lips from feeling dry.

 essense XXL shine lip gloss in Pick Me Up


This lip gloss is not amazing but it isn't so bad either.  It's very sheer, you can see from my swatch above that it doesn't add any color to my lips, I might as well have bought the clear version.  The formula feels moisturizing and smooth on my lips, not sticky or tacky.  It also has a scent that I can't quite place.  It is kind of a fruity scent but has a bit of something else as well.  I like it.

Additionally, the brush is unique.  It is like a long, thin paddle mixed with the doe foot applicator.  I thought that was interesting when I first opened it.

Pros - very inexpensive (approx. $1.99), variety of colors (haven't tried any others to know if they are sheer or not), nice scent, moisturizing, not sticky, no taste.

Cons - not pigmented, comes off after a bit (you will have to reapply often).

No comments:

Post a Comment