Monday, May 3, 2010

Revlon Lip Gloss in Lilac Pastelle

Revlon Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle

I picked this lipgloss up a few days ago from my local CVS.  I am totally captivated by anything that alludes to vintage ideas of beauty and plays up weird color combinations.  Pastel colors like these can be both sweet or innocent but I think that they can also be very futuristic feeling and edgy as well.

Overall, I really like it.  I wish it was just a bit more opaque but I like the milky pink/lilac that is left on my lips.  This gloss isn't too sticky but you can definitely feel it on your lips.  I think this is something I am going to often be reaching for in the coming month.

What do you think of the pastel craze that seems to be happening?  It's popular for nails, highlights in hair, cosmetics.  I am loving every aspect of it, especially when it is used to create an edgy/statement look.  I hope that this trend lasts for a little while.