Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Milani 'Black Magic Liner & Eye Glimmer' Swatch and Review


A swatch of Black Magic liner in Blackened Pink (bottom) and Eye Glimmer in Pink Magic (top)

Milani Cosmetics states this eyeliner can be used in the following way:
A dual-ended pencil that delivers three amazing looks! Apply blackened liner on lash line or on the eye lid for deep, dramatic eyes. Use the glimmer top coat over the blackened liner to create a spectacular dazzling look.
Wear the glimmer top coat by itself on entire eye lid for a magical effect!

Use blackened eyeliner to create a thin or thick line on lower or upper lashlines. Can also be used to color in eyelids for an instant striking look. Apply glimmer topcoat over eyeliner for a dramatic finish or wear alone on entire eyelids for a shimmer effect.
Tip: To extend the wear, apply your foundation or pressed powder on entire eyelid before applying Black Magic Blackened Eyeliner & Glimmer Topcoat.
Pros - compact, easy for travel, a variety of fun colors, affordable and easy to find at stores.

Cons - creases easily, not as deep and pigmented as I would like, large pieces of glitter, fades and gets spotty as the day goes on.

I think this eyeliner/eyeshadow is just OK.  I don't hate it but I definitely don't love it.  I am going to have a try a variety of ways to keep it from creasing (a normal base just didn't help it enough).  I like the idea of this kind of 2-in-1 product that allows me to go from a light to a more intense look.  I think that this will definitely be able to be used as a base and then I can layer other items on top of it.

Have you tried this or a product like it?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment