Thursday, March 18, 2010

'MAC Green Gel Cleanser' Review


MAC Cosmetics describe this cleanser as follows:
Fresh, vibrant, skin-tingling cleanser with refreshing extracts of cucumber and algae. Full-on foam, yet delightfully soap-free. Conditions, nourishes and hydrates leaving skin clean, clear, smooth and protected. For a blast of freshness for the skin; just activate with water.
I have been using this cleanser for the past couple of weeks and I have to say, it's one MAC product I don't think I will be buying again.  I think that the foaminess of it is OK but I don't think that it cleans my skin as well as other face washes that I have tried.  I would take my Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash over this any day.  This MAC face wash just doesn't live up to everything that I expect from MAC (and I love their facewipes, more on that later!)

I will definitely use the rest of this face wash as I haven't had any adverse effects occur from it just doesn't seem to do everything that it claims to.  I definitely don't have a 'skin tingling' experience when I use it.

Pros - light scent, rinses clean, a little goes a long way, attractive packaging.

Cons - Expensive ($19.50), doesn't leave my skin feeling as deeply cleaned as other face washes, doesn't remove waterproof makeup (you definitely need a makeup remover to remove your makeup before using this).

Has anyone else used this face wash?  What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment