Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lancome Juicy Tubes Lip Gloss Swatches & Review

Lancome Juicy Tubes Jelly Lip Gloss in Magic Spell (left) and
Lancome Juicy Tubes Smoothie Lip Gloss in Simmer (right).

These glosses come in easy to use, portable squeeze tubes and that's really nice and all but I am really not liking the consistency of these glosses.  I find both of them to be tacky, sticky and grainy feeling on my lips.  Both of them leave my lips shiny (as Lancome claims for them to do) but I always want to wipe these off after I put them on.  I find these glosses to have a slightly sweet scent but hardly any taste. 

Pros - Portable, convenient to carry, give shine to the lips, have a slight shimmer which can be nice.

Cons - Sticky, tacky and grainy feeling; sheer color (don't reach for these if you want intense pigmentation), expensive ($18 at Sephora).

In my opinion, definitely seek out another kind of lip gloss.  And for that matter, what are your favorite lip glosses?  I would love to hear some suggestions.

Disclaimer:  I received these glosses as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment