Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sephora Lipservice Deluxe Sampler - Swatches & Review

I bought the Sephora Lipservice Deluxe Sampler over the holiday break for myself.  I think this set is hit or miss on most of the shades.  Swatches first:


0.12 oz Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Crystal (Clear)


0.086 oz NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday (vibrant pink sheen, frosty looking)


0.8 oz Tarte Vitamin Infused Lipstick in Hatha (shimmering berry rose)


0.14 oz CARGO Plantlove Botanical Lipstick in Muir Woods (sheer spiced mauve)


0.04 oz Laura Mercier Lip Coulour-Crème in Pink Champagne (cool rose)


0.02 oz Sephora Nano Lip Liner in Radiant Rosy 14


0.06 oz Korres Guava Lipstick in Wine Red (burgundy wine)


0.05 oz DuWop Private Red

As you can see, most of the shades of lipstick are nude and neutral colored.  I think that these colors are nice but I wish there could have been more variety in a kit like this.  I liked the deeper reds and more vibrant colors a lot more than I liked the neutral colors.  I felt that not only was the application better on the deeper colors but that they were also more moisturizing, lasted longer, etc.

The two lipsticks that I am least impressed with are the CARGO one and the NARS lip pencil.  The CARGO lipstick feels really dry on my lips and is hard to apply.  The NARS lip pencil applies very lightly and with a frosty finish.  I want it to be more true to color than the light, frosty look that happens when I put it on my lips.

Mainly, I bought this kit for the DuWop 'Private Red' lipstick sample.  One tube of that lipstick costs nearly as much as this whole sampler set cost me!  So, it was great to be able to try it.  Overall, I am impressed with DuWop and their lipstick.  It applies a rich, deep red to my lips and I feel it works well with my skintone.  I am not sure if I believe it changes color depending on your own chemistry but everyone can believe what they want to.  I have yet to determine if I would ever by the full-size version of this.

Overall, definitely get this kit if you want to try a variety of brands and are a wearer of neutral colors (with some space for some pops of red every now and then).  It is definitely worth the money and you get some full-sized and some deluxe-sized samples of products.  I know it sells out fast so if you are even thinking about it, definitely go for it when you see it!

If you have any questions about this sampler set, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment