Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Davies Gate 'Quince Lotion' Review



First post of 2010!  I promise to be back on track with my reviews, sharing and swatches as soon as I can!

I got a sample of Davies Gate 'Quince Lotion' at a hotel that I stayed at a few weeks ago.  I am totally in love with the simplicity of the package design and the description of this lotion.  Davies Gate (http://www.daviesgate.com/) describes this lotion as:
A healing corrective that nourishes even the driest skin. Distilled essences from a late summer harvest of Quince, Melon and Berries are uplifting, light and fragrant. This perfectly balanced formula has a high concentrate of squalane, nature’s moisturizer derived olives and extremely compatible with your skin. Olive and sesame seed oils deeply moisturize while Vitamin E and Aloe Vera soothe.
I love it, is it light and soft on my hands.  The scent is not overpowering and it moisturizes well while sinking into the skin quickly.  I would highly recommend this lotion for anyone who wants a daytime lotion where you don't need to sit and wait for it to absorb into your skin.

Pros - light, absorbs quickly, softly fragranced, good for daily/routine moisturization

Cons - expensive ($18 on the Davies Gate website), doesn't seem to be sold in stores, not a cream so probably wouldn't work too well on extremely dry skin

What's your favorite lotion for routine/daily moisturization, especially of the hands?  I work with a lot of documents so I am always reaching for some lotion through the day and I am curious to hear what works for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment