Saturday, September 11, 2010

Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion, SPF 30 [Review]

Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion, SPF 30 4 fl oz (118 ml)

I feel like I am a constant search for the best daily facial lotion with sunscreen in it.  I have tried a lot of different kinds.  Many of them only come with an SPF 15 level so when I saw that Eucerin had SPF 30, I immediately knew that it was my new one to try out.  Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion claims to be many things: good for sensitive skin, offers sun protection, fragrance free, etc.  Here is my opinion:

Pros - affordable, lasts a long time (both the amount of product that you purchase and the moisturizing it provides throughout the day), container dispenses a good amount, effectively moisturizes without clogging pores, provides an SPF level you don't find in a lot of face lotions (that are intended for everyday use), fragrance free, felt lightweight and my skin is never irritated by it.

Cons - if you apply it too thickly, it will leave a bit of a white residue, you can feel an almost gritty-like texture if you apply too much and don't rub it in well enough or don't let it soak in.

Overall, I really liked this face lotion.  I am a believer in wearing a lotion with SPF on your face everyday (regardless of if you are going to the office, school or elsewhere).  I would definitely buy this lotion again (and I probably will at some point) and I think it is incredibly priced and efficient at what it claims to do.  Once you learn how much to apply and what works for your skin, I do not think you would have any problems that I listed unders the cons section.  I found I encountered these cons the most, when I was in a hurry and haphazardly getting ready or when it was really hot and I already felt like I was melting from the heat outside.

I love that so many product lines are coming out with a variety of products that include sunscreen and protection from the sun.  What are your favorite face lotions with SPF?  How about other makeup or skincare products?

1 comment:

  1. Tell me about it...I gave up on finding a moisturizer that was vegan AND affordable...and I don't think I've ever seen one with SPF in it!!

    I really need to track one down, though...

    ReplyDelete