Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Benefit BADgal Plum Mascara Review

I wanted to try this mascara after I saw Xsparkage talk about it in one of her videos on how to appear more awake and alert (even if you are not feeling that way).  According to Sephora, this mascara can be described as follows:
         
          What it is:
          A rich, plum mascara that intensifies eye color.
What it does:
Benefit's BADgal Plum highlights your natural eye color while adding length and volume to lashes. Wear it alone to warm up your lashes or add Plum over the original BADgal Black for an extra pop.

I really don't think this mascara is worth $19.  I don't think it makes the whites of my eyes appear any more vibrant than an inky, black mascara would nor does it make my iris appear any different than a normal mascara would.  I think that if you really want to make yours eyes pop, reach for a complimenting eyeshadow or interesting eyeliner rather than this Benefit BADgal Plum Mascara.  I have not tried any other colored mascaras so I don't know any ones that would work better.

Pros - I cannot think of any pros for this mascara, it is not worth spending the money on it in my opinion.

Cons - Expensive, does not do what it claims to, does not whiten or brighten the eyes more than a black/brown or blue mascara would, does not lengthen or add volume, etc.  Kind of just sits on the lashes.

I don't recommend this mascara.  Spend your money on another product, it will be much more worth it.  I am all about trying new mascaras and trying to find the perfect one for your particular lash situation but this one totally does not do it for me. 

I know that colored mascaras are starting to pop up a little more as time passes (I just saw that Avon is doing them now - which I would be interested in trying) and I want to know:  Have you tried any colored mascaras?  What is your opinion on these?  I want to like colored mascaras but I have yet to come across any that I have heard truly do what they are supposed to and look good at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment