Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Clinique [skin supplies for men] age defense for eyes

Clinique Men Age Defense Eyes .5 Oz

After trying Benefit's EyeCon Eye Cream and not being that impressed, I decided to give Clinique's 'age defense for eyes' a chance.  Clinique states that this:

Multifunction treatment instantly hydrates the vulnerable eye area. Works to repair the look of lines, wrinkles. Reduces dark circles, puffs, and brightens dull skin for a younger look. Strengthens the moisture barrier for skin that’s smooth, firm. 
 As of right now, I don't have a problem with fine lines or wrinkles but I do feel that my fair skin show dark circles rather easily.  After applying this cream, I find that is soaks in easily and absorbs quickly without leaving behind any greasy feeling.  A little goes along way and I know that the $24 tube (which I received as a Christmas present from my sister!) will go a long way.  This makes the rather steep price tag a lot easier to handle.

I don't notice a brightening effect like it claims but that wasn't what I was going for anyways.  As for dark circles, they don't dissappear but the extra moisturization really helps me to be able to layer concealer on top without it caking throughout the day.

Pros - sinks into skin easily, moisturizes and hydrates well, my dark circles don't disappear but the moisturization seems to help camouflage them (and makes it easier to apply concealer).  A little goes a long way - the tube will last a long time.

Cons - expensive, not easily accessible for everyone (can find online, at department stores or Ulta)

I don't care if this is from a men's skincare line.  It's more affordable than the women's line and does the job that I need an eye cream to do.  I'd definitely recommend this eye cream to someone who is looking to really increase the hydration under their eyes in order to allow concealer to apply more evenly.

What eye creams have worked the best for you and your skincare needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment